This post is a short one! Just a recipe from last weekend's dinner. I keep meals as easy as possible throughout the week and try to have a bit more fun/variety on the weekends. I'm not adding quantities for the ingredients. Seriously. It's a salad. The more ingredients you add...the bigger the salad. Modify the quantities depending on your needs and hunger level :)
This salad is high in protein and fat, which means that it will keep you fuller for longer. You won't miss the traditional bread of a BLT.
- salmon fillet
- romaine lettuce, sliced/diced
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- red onion, sliced/diced
- avocado, diced
- bacon, cooked
- sea salt and pepper to season
- dressing: ranch
- Pre-heat oven to 375F. Prepare two separate baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lay strips of bacon on one parchment lined baking sheet. Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Place salmon fillet on the other parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with sprinkle of sea salt and pepper. Cook for 12-15 minutes. The fish is done when it easily flakes. I've seen these recommendations: 4-6 minutes per half inch thickness of salmon.
- While the meats are cooking prepare the salad.
- Dice the bacon once it has cooked and sprinkle over salad.
- Allow salmon a few minutes to cool before adding it to the salad. No one likes wilted romaine lettuce.
- Add a light drizzle of your favorite ranch dressing. You don't need a lot! This salad is already full of flavour.
Hope you enjoy!